Prison / Marina Kruglyakova / Russia
Opening April 16, 2015
Kaliningrad Art Gallery, Moscow Ave., 60-62
Photo project "Prison" explores the problems of people who live and work in prison
Prison - that's life, familiar to many in the camp, the army. Life carried to extreme.
In a confined space prison people should be punished. But punishment is everyone got into it - and convicted, and the employee. Violence and distorts the personality of both, often eliminating the differences between them. In the end, a prison for many of them becomes the only viable habitat. They just lose the ability to live in a different world.
The project "Prison" consists of three parts. "Children strict regime" tells the story of children who were born in prison and their mothers. "Life as a punishment" - about people who death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment. "In prison, in good faith" - on the staff of prisons.
Born in Riga, lives and works in Moscow.
She graduated from the Moscow State University, School of Contemporary Art "Free Studios' course Sergey Maximishin" Photo in the magazine "at the School of Visual Arts, photography course Alexander Lapin" see ".
"European Photograhpy", «National Geographic Traveler», "Russian Reporter", "big city", "Auto", "Behind the wheel", "Rest in Russia", "Russian mir.ru" and other publications.
Member of the Union of Photographers and Writers' Union of Russia.
Participated in various exhibitions and festivals, including:
- International Festival of Art Photography "Baltic Biennale of Photography" Photomania "(2013")
- Moscow International Festival «Femme Fest», the exhibition "A World Without Women" (2012)
- Optimal projections - contemporary art of photography in Russia, Belorussia and Ukraina (Zagreb, 2012)
- Finalist of the International Festival of Photography PHOTOVISA in the category "multimedia project". (2011).
- Member of the International portfolio review in Moscow 2011.
- Final Competition photo exhibition Reportage photographer them. Alexander Efremov (2011)
- Final photo exhibition contest "FotoSoyuz 2011", dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the Union of Photographers of Russia (2011) and others.
C 2010 works on the creation of an independent documentary photo project "Prison", about the people who are in prison - for mothers who gave birth to children in detention and their children, about convicts whose death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment, as well as on prison staff and colonies.
+ 7-915-464 -74-41